Blog #1

 My name is Montrey Thompson or also known as Trey or Trigga or Trigga Trey. I'm from Baltimore, MD and I am 21 years old, about to turn 22 April 30th. I was raised by a single mother, but my dad didn't really come around until I was 12 years old. I have two sisters and 1 brother, all on my dad side, and I am the only child. My family is really small, it includes my mother, my grandmother, and my uncle. I am a Senior here at the Mount and plan on graduating this May 2022 and my major is sports management. 

I came to the Mount on a partial scholarship for track, I ran the 400m and the 800m. I ran track for three years but recently I was kicked off the team because I was following my dreams by going to Atlanta and making content for my Youtube Channel and for Tik Tok with other creators. When I came back from Atlanta, they kicked me off the team. I felt like it was God's plan because if I was still on the team, I would not have any time to make any content, have any time to work at Under Armor and stack up my money so I can move to Atlanta once I graduate. 

Let me backtrack just a little bit. This all started my senior year in high school, at the beginning of the year of my senior year in high school I ran cross country just to get me in shape for basketball. I wasn't going to take cross country seriously, but the meets came up and my competitive side just wouldn't let that happen so many meets went on my times kept getting better and better by the end of the season I ended up getting 7th in my whole conference. Sent my times to the Mount and they ended up giving me a partial scholarship, so my plan was to use track to get my foot in the door and then try to walk on for basketball, but over the summer the coach ended up leaving, so I took it as maybe he might need some new recruits and possibly look for talent at the school but that wasn't the case; that year they had 17 players on the team. That year over winter break I wanted to start my Youtube Channel (first video dropped January 2019) and just stay in shape for the next year and possibly hope to walk on next year. When I first started doing Youtube I did it because of the money but as over time as I kept doing it, I just grew a love for it. The next year comes about, and I go back to the head coach to ask if I could walk on again and he said he "already had his recruits" so I asked if I could at least be the manager on the team and he said, "we already have enough managers". That same year I emailed over 75+ schools with a highlight tape and my information to see if I could transfer, but out of all those schools only 1 school emailed me back, so at that point I just gave up on basketball and just took it as a sign to focus on Youtube. Since then, I've gained 6.78K subscribers on Youtube, 5.7K on Tik Tok and 13.1K on Instagram.]

Once I graduate my plan is to move Atlanta to further my career in becoming an influencer, modeling, and acting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #4

Blog #12