Blog #4

 Wassup y'all, as you know I am Youtber/ Social Media Influencer and with being a Youtuber you have to post consistently in order for your channel to grow. On Moday February 14, 2022, at 6pm I posted a video. The video was called "Fake College Basketball Scout Prank!" When I posted the video, I got the eyes everyone and I got some positive feedback and some negative feedback. When I checked on how the video was doing, the had got 300 views within 3 hours. But also, at the same time I have a lot of people blowing up my phone telling me to take the video down because I was going to get in so much trouble for it. (Side Note: I get paid for posting videos on Youtube, so I take this as a job that I love to do.) I gave it some thought and talked to some close friends to get their opinion on the situation. I ended up taking the video down for few, then I gave it some more thought and said to myself why let someone else stop your money? So, what I ended up doing was putting the video on Unlisted. Unlisted is where you can only watch the video unless you have the link, if you don't have the link than it will not appear on channel when you search my name. 

Come to find out one of the parent's that I had in the video emailed or called the dean about the video and then the dean called the coaches. The parent was very heated that the video came out and wanted me to be kicked out of school for it. So, the dean ended up watching the video and even the president of MSMU even watched the video. The day after I posted the video, I had a meeting with the dean and to sum of the meeting, he was very disgusted with the video and if it wasn't for me being a senior and this being my last semester I would have been kicked out of school, so he said he didn't want to jeopardize that. That day they didn't have a punishment for me, but the next they did. My punishment was: 1. Send 5 apology letters out to the AD of Nex Oxford High School, the parent that was in the video, the president of the Mount, the AD of the Mount, and to the head women's basketball team. 2. Can't be on campus for a month 3. Come up with an educational class on the positive and negative effects of social media. 4. Write a 4-page paper reflection on the situation

At the end of the day, this situation isn't going to stop me from posting content. This is only going to make me go harder and put out even better content than I was putting out, these types of things give motivation to be better than what I was and to be better than I was yesterday. This wasn't the reaction I was expecting to get when I posted the video, but it is what it is now all I know at the end of the day God got me and will forever.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #12

Blog #1